It’s 2018 and less women than ever are getting married. Don’t feel sorry for us – we’re busy being amazing at self-care and getting degrees, and breaking the glass ceiling. Here are the top reasons why more women aren’t getting hitched, nowadays.
1. If their dude has a smaller checking account than them. Why drain your hard work and energy on a scrub just for the wifey title?
2. Most guys just aren’t’ marriage-worthy nowadays. And even if they seem like a good catch, why make the possibility of a breakup so much more complicated with marriage?
3. It’s an outdated and conventional concept that not everyone needs to subscribe to.
4. Because not a lot of guys want to marry a woman that’s strong and independent? Why? Because it means that she doesn’t need him. So whatever. Women, you’re all you need.
5. Because monogamous has turned to monogamish which has turned to a full on casual culture. Why choose one for ever after when you could keep that rotation?